Android N has a desktop-like window mode that is all set to compete with Windows or OS X on desktop computers with the inclusion of Freedom window. You can explore this with Android N’s developer preview. Follow these steps mentioned below to access it.
- Get Android N preview via Beta Program.
- Flash a custom recovery.
- Search for your device and download the appropriate factory image file.
- Add it to your file with SDK tools.
- Reboot your device into fast boot mode by holding power+volume down button until you the fast boot screen appears.
- Connect your device to the computer with the USB.
- Open command line and type “Type boot flash recovery.”
- Boot into recovery using the volume buttons once the above step is completed.
- Confirm by pressing the power button.
- Mount the system partition once you get into custom recovery.
- Press ‘Mount’ button and check ‘System box.’
- Open the ADB shell on your computer and type the following commands and hit enter after each command.
sed -e “s/live_wallpaper/freeform_window_management/” android.software.live_wallpaper.xml>freeform.xml
11. Press the square button in recent apps to screen to experience a windowed mode of Android N.
Before proceeding keep in mind that there are chances of your device never receiving any more Android N OTA updates.