To manually update your Nexus device, there are a few requirements which include having previous knowledge about Android SDK and Command Prompt. You can update your Nexus device without waiting for Android OTA updates. You can learn Android SDK from Android development website by following their instructions. For the manual update, you need to enable developer settings and use USB debugging by following a few simple steps mentioned below.
- Go to Android Developer website.
- Go to your Nexus settings.
- Scroll down to About Phone/Tablet.
- Tap on ‘Build Number’ seven times until a prompt appears.
- Go back to settings.
- Click on Developer options.
- Check USB debugging
- Check ‘Enable OEM clock’ if you wish to upgrade from Lollipop.
- Connect your Nexus device to the computer.
- Click OK when a dialogue box appears to allow USB debugging.
Once this is done, all that you need will be on your Android device updated manually.