Google Maps have recently added the feature to set customized location icons in Google Maps. You can now mark your Home and Work locations with a variety of new themed icons ranging from a pirate ship, yellow submarine, tree house, igloo and many more. The feature is helpful considering that users had only a limited options of stars and dots to identify a certain location on the map up until now.
“Have you ever dreamed of living in a treehouse? Maybe an igloo or a farm house? Or how about an RV — free to go wherever your wheels take you? Whatever your dream home may be, Google Maps can help make it a little less make-believe. Starting today you can customize your home and work addresses in Google Maps on Android with stickers, so your map is a little more you”, says Beth Findley, Software Engineer Google Maps.
- Open the Google Maps app, swipe right from the left edge and hit YOUR PLACES.
- Tap on HOME or WORK and add your addresses.
- After adding the address, swipe up and select CHOOSE AN ICON
- A list of 24 icons will be shown, choose the one you like and tap on SAVE
- You’ll now see your Home or Work location marked with your selected icon on the Google Maps interface