Although there are a number of third-party apps that help you recover your lost or stolen phone, most of them are inefficient and not user-friendly. Without the use of any such apps, you can easily track and get back your Android Phone. There are many methods to find your Android device. One of the most efficient ways is to use Android Device Manager. We know that all the Android devices are linked to their Google accounts. Android Device Manager lets you lock, locate and erase your device. To enable ADM
- Download Android Device Manager.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on security.
- Tap on device administrators.
- Check the box that grants access to ADM if it is unchecked.
ADM ensures that the data on your Android device is safe. Here’s how to use ADM to find lost or stolen phone-
- Visit google.com/android/devicemanager
- This redirects to the device manager page once you sign in with the Google Account associated with your device.
Once you have logged in, you can track your Android Device with ease and find out where it is located. If you have lost your Android device at a particular place, its harder to detect the location. It is very simple when you use ADM.
- Click the Big Ring button on your ADM page.
Your phone starts ringing even if it is in silent mode once this is done. If you feel that your device has been stolen and was not lost accidentally, then there’s another option on ADM to keep your data safe and the thief out of your device.
- Click on the lock button on your ADM page.
Once this is done, your device goes into the locked-down mode which cannot be broken by the thief. You can also perform a factory data reset to remove all the data from your lost phone which is why it is always advisable to have a backup.