Being able to control your PC remotely is immensely helpful in different situations. There are times when you want to use your PC without actually reaching out to it, or you are to deliver a presentation where you can swiftly use your Android device to control your PC from a comfortable position. Though there are many different ways to achieve this, in this guide we’ll be showing you how to do that by just installing a Google Chrome extension in your desktop browser and the Google Chrome Remote Desktop app from your Android device.
- Login to Chrome using your Gmail ID on your desktop Chrome browser. Now open Chrome Web Store, search for Chrome Remote Desktop. (Or find it here.) ADD the extension and LAUNCH it.
- Enter a PIN, which will be used to authenticate the connection, grant other permissions if prompted and enable remote sharing over the internet.
- Download the Chrome Remote Desktop app from the Google Play Store in your Android device.
- Open the app and Sign in using the same ID which you are using on your desktop browser.
- The available devices for remote connection will be displayed. Tap on it and enter the PIN to connect.
- And, yes that’s it. Now you should be able to control your PC from your Android. There will be some lag if you are on a slow internet connection.