Contacts are lost from our phones or tabs in innumerable situations. It is always safe to have a backup of your contacts rather than letting the world know that you’ve lost your contacts by making it your status on social media ‘Lost My Contacts PM’ every now and then. Most of us use ‘export’ method to transfer contacts to PC, but with backing it up with Google is a much easier and safer way. Sync your contacts with Gmail by following these simple steps.
Android has made its OS in such a way that your device is linked to your Google Account. Most of us use ‘export’ method to transfer contacts to PC, but with backing it up with Google is a much easier and safer way. It is likely that your contacts might already be synced to your Gmail Account. To verify, follow these steps-
- Go to your Gmail Account.
- Tap on ‘Gmail’ on the upper left the corner.
- Tap on contacts that appears in the drop down.
- All your contacts will appear.
If all your contacts are displayed, it means that Google has backed up your contacts.Tap on import if Google has not synced your contacts.
If you don’t want to use Google to back up your contacts then there’s another easier way.
- Go to your phone settings.
- Tap on the tab that says ‘Backup and Reset’
- Check on ‘Backup my data’ if it is unchecked.
This will ensure that all your contacts are backed up automatically.