Working on Google Docs Offline will help you minimize the high consumption of data. If you’re unaware of how it works, this should help you learn better to set up and work on documents offline.
To Set up and enable Google Docs offline for Chrome users:
- Go to Apps>Google Apps> Drive>Data access
- Enable ‘Allow users to use offline docs’ by checking it
- Save Changes
To enable access:
- Open Google Docs
- Touch and hold the file until you get a prompt for a few seconds
- Touch Keep enabling working on the document offline
To find files saved for offline access:
- Open Google Docs App
- Tap on Menu and select offline
The same applies for Google Sheets and Slides too.
Watch this video by Google Help to learn better for your PC as well as your android phone