Almost every Android device came with a dedicated power button to turn the screen off but given how much we use it on our daily basis; it is always one of the first hardware features to quit.
Also in some devices, it might be a bit tricky to reach the power button during a one-handed operation, or maybe you just don’t want to press it always. Whatever be the reason, we have got you covered.
There are plenty of third party apps that will help you setup a soft power button in your device to let go of the hassle of using a hardware button:
- Go to Google Play Store and search for Screen Off and Lock and download the app.
Or you click here to download.
- After the installation completes, open the app by tapping on the Screen Off and Lock Configuration icon or the icon with a tool symbol.
- Grant it the Administrator privilege. A shortcut should appear on your home screen by now.
- Tap the shortcut created on your home screen to turn off the screen instantly and lock the device. Position the shortcut to a convenient place as per your requirement.
To uninstall the app:
- Open the app drawer and tap on the Screen Off and Lock Configuration icon.
- Scroll down and tap on REMOVE DEVICE ADMINISTRATOR AND UNINSTALL APPLICATION
There is also an automatic way of locking your phone using third party apps, like Gravity Screen – On/Off which have your phone’s screen turn on as soon as you pick it up and turn it off as you set it down or keep it in your pocket.
This app can be downloaded from the Play Store.