Here’s some good news for all the MotoG turbo edition owners.
After releasing Android Marshmallow to Moto X Style, X play and Moto G (3rd Gen), Motorola has commenced the update’s rollout process for another Moto-series phone in India.Weighing around 445MB, the update debuts in India and hits the firmware version to 24.11.22. In addition to the usual Marshmallow goodies (including Doze, Google Now on Tap, and redesigned app permissions), the update also includes Google’s December security patch. Its now available over the air.
The “verified boot” system is the new security feature along with a faster chrome browser,supporting more international languages and contextual existence.There are currently no reports of the device getting the Marshmallow update in Mexico, but that should happen soon enough.
Here are the steps
How to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA on Moto series:
[Note: Make sure your device is charged more than 50% and update over wifi to avoid hefty data bill]
If you have received a notification message for this update:
1. Select “Yes, I’m in”.
2. After the software is downloaded, select “Install now”.
3. After the software is installed, your phone will restart automatically.
4. Your phone is now updated to Android 6.0.
If you haven’t received the message yet then here’s how you can do it manually-
1. Select the Settings icon in the app menu.
2. Select “About phone”.
3. Select “System updates”.
4. If the update is ready, select “Yes, I’m in”. After the software is downloaded, select “Install now”.
5. After the software is installed, your phone will restart automatically.
6. Your phone is now updated to Android 6.0